[tabi] Re: orientation of Braille on Starmetro signs

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:24:02 -0400

Erica,

I wish to disagree with this point as well:

A braille cell is 50% taller than it is wide.  When you turn it on its
side, it turns out to be almost the same width as 2 cells side-by-side.

Anyone can get the recommended spacing requirements for braille signage
from the internet; when you compute the two characters side by side,
verses one rotated, the difference is literally measure in hundreths of
a millimeter.

I understand personal preference as a reason, but not faulty math.

Chip