[tabi] Re: new, inexpensive, talking cell phone

  • From: betsaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:45:34 -0500

I haven't played with the calendar or alarm clock, but it was super simple to set up contacts and adjust all the other phone's settings. Only thing I could not do was activate it myself, but everything else has been very easy to figure out without sighted assistance or having to read the manual.

On a side note,
Virgin was awesome when I needed to send my first Rumor back. I explained the problem and they just put another in the mail to me.

Also, a great place to find great deals on cell phone accessories is
www.bargaincell.com

I've bought several things from there and have been quite pleased.

hth,
Betsy

 Quoting Chip Orange <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Don christie just showed me his LG Rumor2 from Sprint, and I have to say
it's very impressive.  it has a slide out chiclet style keyboard for
entering your contacts or text messages, and it says it has, besides
contacts, a calendar, alarm clock,  and notepad apps.

The speech seemed to be a clear female voice, and not provided by one of
the big name cell phone talking programs like talx or mobile speak.

I can't tell you how much money I've saved by having a virgin mobile
phone, I think we spend $60 a year to own one.

thanks Betsie.