[tabi] new Microsoft help line for customers with disabilities

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:58:37 -0500

FYI, I saw the announcement below from a MS employee on another mailing
list:

Hello,

I wanted to let people know that Microsoft has started a support number for
customers

with disabilities at 1-800-936-5900.  Right now this support is limited to
North

America.  You can read details about hours and such at

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/contact-microsoft-accessibility

.

These support representatives have experience with assistive technology and
part

of the effort here is aimed at getting customers who are using technology
such as

screen readers better support where the first several questions are not
about explaining

what a screen reader is.

If you are attending CSUN, there will be a presentation on Wednesday at
4:20P talking

about this and some of our other efforts around understanding the customer
experience

of accessibility at Microsoft.

http://www.csun.edu/cod/conference/2013/sessions/index.php/public/presentati
ons/view/241