[tabi] Re: movie featuring blind people please identify

  • From: mccaulo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 10:44:13 -0500

The synopsis from RottenTomatoes:

Based on a true story, this touching made-for-TV drama follows the struggle of a married couple to adopt a child. They must fight long and hard against a system that automatically labels them unfit because they are both blind.

Rating:
   PG
Genre:
   Drama
Directed By:
   John Korty
In Theaters:
   Jun 1, 1991 Wide
On DVD:
   Apr 9, 1992
Runtime:
   1 hr. 34 min.

Republic Pictures Home Video

FYI: RottenTomatoes and Amazon disagree on the year. RottenTomatoes says 1991 but Amazon says 1987. It is not available from Netflix or Amazon Instant Video. You can purchase a VHS (yes, VHS) on Amazon starting at $8.08.