[tabi] Re: major change proposed for TDC coordinator

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:58:48 -0400

Hi Robert,

I don't know if this helps understand things or not, but I've been told that
Donna is retiring, and that's what brought this all on at once, because the
city no longer wants the contract.  That makes me think, as unbelievable as
it sounds, that the city was losing money, but the arrangement was being
continued for Donna's benefit.  I hadn't heard this when I speculated on
Nova 2010 being involved, and this sounds more likely.

Somehow, the city's plans, according to rumor, are to give the CTC  contract
to BigBend for an emergency period of 6 months, and then they'll put it up
for bid.  It wasn't clear to me if Dial-a-ride service was being given to
Big Bend also, but I didn't think so.  Rumor says Sessily Rose, being a
minority contractor, was going to protest this, and claim preferential
status during the bid process.

Hopefully Carl may know more about this.