[tabi] major change proposed for TDC coordinator

  • From: "carl mccoy" <cmcoy09@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:44:15 -0400

At the meeting of the transportation disadvantaged coordinating board this
afternoon
Coleen Roland  proposed we vote on canceling our contract with Star Metro as our
administrative agency in January 201.  The rational was that it would save money
that could be used for rides.
Currently the administrative cost with Star Metro is approximately 280 Thousand,
out of a budget of 1.3 Million. She estimated by going to a private contractor
we
could save half of  that.
Anyway this was so unexpected and in fact it was not even on the agenda, a
couple
of us objected, and insisted that we have more time to study the issue, it was
delayed
until next Wednesday for a special meeting of the board at 4  o'clock.
This may be a good plan particularly if it increases the rides available, but we
need to think this through carefully.
Next Wednesday will not be a public meeting, but in the mean time I welcome any
ideas
or input from all of you. Simply post it to TABI.
I should add if the contract is terminated in January, they propose Big Bend as
the
coordinator or administrator until an RFP can be developed for bids from private
providers, that would be implemented in July of 2010
I am sure is confusing to you as it is to me, but apparently it has already been
discussed with city officials and Star Metro, and it is probably a done deal,
since
Star Metro is under no obligation to renew their contract.
Now time for your input. Carl