[tabi] Re: loss of privilege for the disabled at Disney

  • From: Erica <ericamccaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

 In case any of you missed the back story on this, earlier this year there was
a case/cases uncovered of people "hiring" disabled people to visit Disney with
them so their whole party could get the front-of-the-line privilege.
Disney's new policy will be something like/identical to-- I'm not sure, as I
only heard about the article-- their "fast pass" system, which is where you
"pre-check-in" to an attraction and get an appointment window; when you return
during that window, you go through a special line, which is much, MUCH shorter
than the normal line. When we went last summer, we are convinced that this
system alone allowed us to do in 2 days what it would have taken 3 to do... so
it is a very good set-up in my opinion.
Erica