[tabi] Re: looking for somebody that can work on my computer

  • From: "Easy Talk" <easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:59:05 -0400

Hi Lynn,

Here is something you can try since you didn't say exactly what was wrong with your computer but I assume it is still bootable. If you are running XP, put your XP disk in the CD drive, go to the command prompt by typing cmd from the run dialog. type sfc forward slash followed with no space and scannow and press enter. this will check all your system files and replace any that are currupt. you will not lose any of your data but after the process is complete which could take up to 30 minutes or so, you should go through the update process. If this doesn't work then you will most likely have to do a reinstall and will need sighted assistance. The process I just told you about can be done with out sighted assistance. There may be times when the computer doesn't talk but just put your ear close to the computer and if you here the hard drive churning away just be patient.

Hope this helps.  Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Blackjack" <blackjack2@xxxxxxx>