[tabi] info on the Trekker talking GPS product line

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:42:54 -0400

Hi all,

many of you may know of my interest in GPS, so it's no surprise I was
recently talking to a representative from Humanware re their Trekker
line.  He tells me they cannot get the PDAs any longer which are used to
produce the Trekker, so they will be discontinuing that product soon.
He is checking on whether they will continue to publish regular map
updates for the Trekker or not.

They still will have the Trekker Breeze, but it doesn't allow external
GPS receivers, or the inputting of an address for route guidance, or the
use of their suite of productivity software sold under the brand name of
Maestro.