[tabi] Re: help my computer does not recognize my external USB hard drive

  • From: "Easy Talk" <easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 13:29:33 -0400

If you are using Windows XP, this is a known problem on some systems.
Here are a couple things you can try. First make sure all windows updates are current. Secondly unplug/disconnect power from the drive. Disconnect all other usb devices except the drive. If you are using a hub connect the drive directly to the computer. Go to device manager and make sure there aren't any devices with a yellow exqulamation mark be side them. If you find any just remove them, shut down the computer and them start it up again. Any devices you removed will be re-installed. Most likely the last suggestion is causing your problem.

Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "K4NKZ Jim" <k4nkz@xxxxxxxxxxx>