[tabi] hearing loss

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:22:18 -0500

Hi all,

our hearing is especially important to us, so, I wanted you to know about
some important information which may help you prevent hearing loss:

* several studies have linked the daily use of Tylenol with hearing loss.
other pain relieving medicines are also implicated, but none as strongly as
Tylenol, especially in men.

* many more studies have linked smoking with hearing loss.
This isn't just a coloration, many doctors believe the cause and effect
relationship is proven.
* and of course, constantly being exposed to loud noises is known to cause
hearing loss

There is a quiz you can take, and the score may indicate to you if you have
sufficient hearing loss to send you to the doctor: