[tabi] Re: from today's Democrat: article on Dial-a-Ride

  • From: "Charles Atkins" <catkins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:14:07 -0400

The way I see it:

Since dial a ride is for all people with disabilities purposes every second of the day,

always on an equal basis,

and,

since the funds are from people of all walks and concerns of life,

and,

since all disabled people don't necessarily have a need to go to the doctor at the same times all the time,

I would think that a service like dial aride for people with disabilities,

would want to strive to be,

for the people with disabilities,

an,

all purpose operation as the public transportation system is for

the:

so called,

able public.

It can be just as urgently

important for a disabled person to

make it over to fire and take a computer class being provided everyday

that could cost someone an arm and a leg to participate through any other means of transportation.

The person needs to learn this because,

maybe,

the person needs to get a job to survive?

I'm sure all our needs to all of us,

are real and pressing!

The way they have it structured,

most of the time,

they are probably lending

an entire,

citywide function to the

least amount of the disabled population.

I think they need to rethink it!

I'm sure some of our people are really hurting by that decision to,

only,

carry people to the Doctor!

Suppose your business got filed up in a computer with some major source of survival one day,

And,]

all of a sudden,

you're faced with a life threatening emergency,

requiring you to go here and to go there all day,

in order to rectify it,

like my problem has been this week,

spontaneous services is what's required to get me over this,

and,

those things cost a fortune.

I have one provider saying to the other provider something is incorrect and,

the other provider is very slow in comprehending and,

I must be the one to do all the running around with this or that thing to do in order to fix it!

That can be very costly,

as it is for me

But,

Its an emergency!

Its life threatening!

Its personal!

It doesn't happen to us everyday,

but these things can be threatening.

They require your getting there quick,

fast, and,

in a hurry!

Life is not always that cut and dry out here friends!

We,

the disabled,

have catching up to do on multi levels throughout our American system.

I can appreciate their wanting to help us,

keep up,

or,

get back up  by,

economically,

getting us to,

and from,

the doctor,

but,

you would think they also wouldn't mind helping us catch up.

If nobody minds my saying:

Let's pray their,

better,

understanding of our many dire needs!