[tabi] Re: from today's Democrat, a letter to the editor

  • From: "Darla J. Rogers" <djrogers0628@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:51:45 -0400

I do not know who she is, but the city, by and large, has not been responsive to out needs. One area they have been good, is the installation of audio pedestrian signals at some of our busier, more difficult intersections.

I like it that there is one at Mahan and Capital Circle; have any of you tried, with or without the signal, to cross Mahan from the Publix Shopping Center to Wallgreens. If I remember correctly, there are 3 lanes each way plus turning lanes on both sides.

I do not think the engineers really have the traffic signal system programmed very well--that one really won't give you time to cross, and I am sure people can cite others.

Darla

Darla J. Rogers, B.A., M.S.

Skype ID."  wildflower0628
"Today, I will search for my own truth and will allow others to do the
same.  I will place value on my vision, as well as on the vision of
others.  We are each on the journey, making our own discoveries--the
ones that are right for us today."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>