[tabi] Re: from today's Democrat, a letter to the editor

  • From: "Barbara Lineberry" <bkblpp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:08:03 -0400

Good letter. Marjorie Wright has written before. It reminded me of many years ago when I got the chance to visit Hawaii. I stayed at the Hale Koa which was a luxury hotel for the military . My stepfather and my mother treated me to this trip. Since the hotel was a government facility, I went to the canteen which was run by Blind Services over there. I got acquainted with the manager who was very nice, told him where I was from and what I did, and he asked if I knew Paul Edwards. Of course, I said I did and we had the greatest conversation. He said most people just came in to get something, paid and left and he was so glad that I got in a conversation with him. One of the things I bought there was a bumpersticker which said "I'm not late, I'm on Aloha time!"

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>