[tabi] Re: from Sila Miller ref city commission meeting on Star Metro changes

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:54:29 -0500

This is pretty much what I said to them tonight. Thank you for not excluding
DAR patrons from service but please keep at least Saturday service for MLK Jr.,
Veteran's and day after Thanksgiving for all bus riders. After all, isn't it
the goal to get more people out of cars and onto the bus? I also advocated for
more frequent service of the Southwood Express. Upon first examination of the
time tables, it appeared there were only 7 or 8 runs out there. Per another
StarMetro employee, there are actually supposed to be 10. I HOPE. In many ways
combining the T and R routes will benefit me, the first run wasn't slotted to
serve my current stop on the East side of Thomasville Road which would prevent
me from getting to work by 7 a.m. without leaving home by 5:30, a 20 minute
walk, plus crossing Thomasville Road in the dark. So I've requested that my
stop be factored into all runs of the new Tall Timbers routes. Again, I HOPE.

I've said it many times, but I want to go on record again in saying Thank You
to John. He spoke eloquently in support of the Southwood Express and reminded
Mayor and Commissioners that while economic growth is a priority, some of us
actually need public transit to get to work and to other vital places.

The sad conclusion to all this is that there were only 3 of us who attended and
that I didn't get home until around 7:30.  Since 4:45 comes all too early, I
really should stop belly-aching and get talking to the Sand Man!

Best,
Sila