[tabi] Re: e: Re: Red Light Cameras

  • From: "Joe Plummer" <joeplummer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:45:04 -0400

Totally agree. 

Sign,
JP ( Joe Plummer)
joeplummer@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Chip Orange
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:27 AM
To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tabi] Re: e: Re: Red Light Cameras

Perhaps so.

However, I'm going to ask that this discussion be limited to how
red-light cameras do or don't add safety for blind people and/or
pedestrians to intersections.

This list isn't the place for a discussion on the role of government in
our lives.  

I posted the red light camera bill only for those who wanted to address
it's relevance to blindness, and I am sorry if I didn't make that clear.
if we go on like this, essentially arguing our political views until
more and more people leave the list, we'll have accomplished nothing.

so, I'll be the first to stop.

thanks.

Chip
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniel Ben Moshe
> Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:50 PM
> To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tabi] Re: e: Re: Red Light Cameras
> 
> I know that we all want safe streets, and crime stopped.  
> However we must
> ask ourselves this question, at what cost do we achieve this? 
>  Some say that
> having cameras will catch someone braking the law.  However 
> there are those
> of us who believe that when they put them on your street 
> corners that this
> is cool, but when they want to install them in your homes to 
> see what goes
> on inside will you have a problem? I ask this, because this 
> is where we are
> headed.  As a CRIM major At FSU, I happened to be at a 
> demonstration where
> the police department showed us a device, that allows them to 
> see how many
> people are in the home?  For example, if they are looking for 
> someone, they
> will ask how many people are in the house? And if you say 
> that there are
> three, they go out to their car, and use the device, and if 
> they find that
> there are six people in the house they have grounds for a 
> probable cause
> search, which gives them the right to come right into your 
> home. Again we as
> Blind people rest much of our safety, and hopes in the government, and
> legislation.  I do believe that the days are soon coming if 
> they are not
> already here where we can't always rest our faith, and hopes in these
> institutions. Right now we say yes bring on the cameras, but 
> will we say yes
> to them coming into your homes, and your privet lives?  We 
> should be careful
> for what we ask, because we just might get it.   
> 
> 
> I'm glad to be your humble and obedient servant,
> 
> Zechen Elder Daniel Ben Moshe,
> 
> Check out the TABI resource web page at 
> http://acorange.home.comcast.net/TABI
> and please make suggestions for new material.
> 
> 
> 
> if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the 
> freelists.org web interface, or by sending an email to the 
> address tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word 
> "unsubscribe" in the subject.
> 
Check out the TABI resource web page at
http://acorange.home.comcast.net/TABI
and please make suggestions for new material.



if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the freelists.org web
interface, or by sending an email to the address tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject.

Check out the TABI resource web page at http://acorange.home.comcast.net/TABI
and please make suggestions for new material.



if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the freelists.org web 
interface, or by sending an email to the address tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject.

Other related posts: