[tabi] borrowing an assistive device to try before you buy

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:56:42 -0500

Hi all,

FAAST has a program where they purchase assistive technology devices, to
lend to Florida residents, to allow them to try various items before
they buy them.

they don't have a lot for visually impaired Floridians, and if there's
something you'd like to try before you buy you should write them about
it, but what they do have is at the web address below:

http://www.faast.org/ATLoan_001_category.cfm?idsCategory=23

I did see a Victor if anyone is considering one of them, and a PackMate,
with some options such as a barcode reader (I think).

They also have other categories of devices for those who are mobility
impaired; go to the link above and choose the "browse by category" link.

hth,