[tabi] blind study participants needed in regards to creating documents

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:45:07 -0500

From: Michael Crabbs [mailto:kurniawanlabs@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 8:38 PM
Subject: Kurniawan Labs Needs You!

My name is Michael Crabbs. I am working with Prof. Sri Kurniawan from
Computer Engineering.

The goal of the study is to develop a tool that helps blind people correct
their document formatting and layout conveniently, efficiently, and in a
timely manner.

However, to understand the common formatting and layout problems that blind
persons experience, we need to collect 500 formal (I.E. documents that you
care about the formatting and layout as they are going to be printed) and
500 informal documents (I.E. emails, bulletin board posting, etc) that are
authored by blind persons and that have not been corrected by sighted
people. At this stage, we are asking for as many electronic documents as you
are willing to share with us. Your personal information will not be
disclosed and if the documents contain your identity, we will remove them
before analyzing the documents.

For those who have participated, we are running a drawing at the end of the
documentation collection. Two $100 Amazon gift cards will be given to the
lucky winners! Each participant is limited to one bid.

Best Regards,
~-Michael Crabbs

Alternative contact information: