[tabi] another burn-prevention tip for the kitchen

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 20:41:52 -0500

Hi all,

I got so much feedback on the toaster I mentioned, that I thought I pass
along another tip for preventing kitchen cuts and burns.

Publix sells "cut resistant" gloves, which are relatively thin and flexible,
but which give your hands quite a bit of protection when handling knives,
graders, and planes.  You can still feel quite a bit when wearing them.

Well, aside from the obvious protection they give, Allison noticed they
provided quite a bit of heat protection; enough that you could handle very
hot items while wearing them, not get burned, and still be able to feel
quite a bit (unlike wearing a pot-holder mitt).  They aren't going to let
you take something out of the oven safely, but moderately hot items can be
made quite safe by wearing them, as opposed to just doing without (which is
what I was doing, so that I could still feel delicate items such as slices
of toast).

These are sold with the knives at Publix, and probably at Amazon as well.

hth,