[tabi] Re: a tip for pet owners

  • From: "Barbara Lineberry" <bkblpp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 18:58:09 -0400

Do these work on humans too?  SMILE

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:50 PM
Subject: [tabi] a tip for pet owners

Hi all,

have you ever had a problem with a pet going somewhere they should not? it
could be anything from a cat climbing the christmas tree, to a dog using
your biggest houseplant as a fire hydrant!

well, if you do, I wanted to let you know of a new kind of product on the
market which keeps pets away from some spot, and it does it safely. it's a small spray can of compressed air, with a battery-powered device which sits
on the top of it.  the device has a motion sensor, and sometimes a noise
maker. when the pet comes within range of the device, it sprays a burst of compressed air at them, and optionally, makes a noise with the noise maker.
the range is about 5 feet, although some people have bought one brand that
gave 15 feet.

these are sold by such places as Amazon, under names like StayAway and
Ssscat.

we bought the last Ssscat in stock from the local PetsMart (they didn't have any other brands), and Petco didn't have any in stock. We ordered a second
one, a StayAway, from Amazon.

I can say it works very well; it's no trouble to set up, and the cat only
took one or two blasts of air to be convinced not to go there any more!
Since he was becoming obsessed with one end of a Persian rug in the dining
room being his litterbox, we put the device at that end of the rug, and he
completely won't go there any more, and has returned to using his litterbox!

These usually sell for around $35, take four triple A batteries, and do
require refills of the canned air sometimes (although not often).  the
canned air is completely safe.

hth,

"unsubscribe" in the subject.