[tabi] a new earphone or ear-bud

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 17:56:41 -0400

Hi all,

Before I've posted about the new kind of ear-buds being sold, which hang
just outside your ear, to allow ambient noise to "leak" through whatever
you're listening to.  they're especially great for blind people, as they
don't isolate you from the world around you while allowing you to still hear
your talking book, talking gps, music, or whatever.

I've mentioned the AirDrives  Fit, around $30, and I have absolutely loved
them.  however, I've been through two of them so far and it's time for a
third pair (accidents happen, the new kitty happens, whatever).

So, I went looking to see what other companies had brought out, and I just
ordered the pair below from Sony for only $8.35!  And free shipping from
Amazon (if you meet their minimum order).  the reviews from other owners are

I thought I'd share the description and link from Amazon, in case others
might be interested, and so it's posted below.  Sony also makes a moisture
resistant version for $3 more.

"Sony presents h.ear Headphones for the first time with the MDR-J10 Black
Stereo Headphones.
These chic headphones feature Vertical in-the-ear design for comfort, a
Clip on Style that follows the contour of the ears, and a Non-Slip, Stable
for a Secure Fit while exercising, skating, dancing or playing sports. The
also minimizes sound leakage for consistently clear reproduction, while
design enables you to hear ambient sound. h.ear Headphones are here making
on the go sound even better."