[tabi] Re: a new approach for a car for the blind

  • From: "Darla J. Rogers" <djrogers0628@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:59:40 -0400

Dear Joe,

You make some very valid points here; however, transportation is one real barrier to employment, as businesses are very spread out now, and most cities don't have the kind of transportation available to allow blind people to work any shift or any location or visit clients.

I don't think the "car for the blind" is the answer to any of these issues, though the idea of being able to drive is very fascinating to me. I don't think being able to drive--which won't happen in our lifetime--will change the public's stereotypical perceptions of blind people.

Darla & Precious Roxy

Darla J. Rogers

djrogers0628@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype Username:  wildflower0628
"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere."---Martin Luther King, Jr.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Plummer" <joeplummer@xxxxxxx>