[tabi] Re: a new approach for a car for the blind

  • From: "Joe Plummer" <joeplummer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 20:04:50 -0400

Hi, I don't think this is a good idea. Let me tell you why. I think at some
point in time not in my life time they will have a computer command vehicle,
that would be able to drive just about any where sort like the movie night
rider the car in it. Now this is great for us but what happens if something
fails. I don't think the blind community having the way or right to drive is
worth one person getting killed or injured in any way, especially if they
get injured badly. This is not worth having this freedom. Now if they could
apply this to maybe some kind of navigation so we would not need help
walking and shopping and cooking and doing every day stuff then this would
be nice. I think we need to focus on the small things and then go from
there. We have problems with the every day task that needs to be fixed
before we jump to driving. This is my thoughts.

sign,
Joe Plummer (JP)
joeplummer@xxxxxxx