[tabi] Re: Your last chance to get Windows that you actually like | Komando.com

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 12:03:52 -0400

I completely agree with Robert for what it's worth.  I can't tell you how
many times recently I've read about some technical feature which makes the
users life easier, or the programmer's life easier, and then I see a note
that it's available only with Windows 8 or later.

Yes, many people don't like the metro interface of Windows 8, but as Robert
said, MS listened, and made it quite easy for you  to  avoid it and return
to the "standard" desktop.

Also, have a listen to all your friends complaining about lack of support
for Windows XP; that's going to happen to Windows 7 users much sooner than
Windows 8, so if you can just get out of the way of the lightning <grin>,
you might keep your pc long enough to avoid that situation as well.