[tabi] Re: Word of advise!

  • From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:23:35 -0400

Hello Yvonne and others:

This is a standard feature on ALL flash memory cards.

If the slider is down you are able to write to the card.

If the slier is up you are not able to write to the card. The flash card is
write protected to keep the user from writing over the card just incase you
want to keep what data is on the card.

Hold the card so the notched corner is orientated to your lower left. This will
be the face or label side up and the slider will be at the right edge.

A similar feature is on cassette tapes to protect one from recording over want
you don't want to record over.

Floppies or floppy disk had a similar feature. Each disk had a notch that could
be covered up with a sticky tape.

Oh boy am I dating myself now.?

   Now high capasity flash cards are 4 gigs and up and require a high capacity
card reader to write data to. I suspect all computers now have the card readers
built in. My last computer I bought had this feature.

I know, this is  more than you wanted to know.

I am just showing off.