[tabi] Re: William Calling

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:20:28 -0500

Hello William,
First, thank you for taking our concerns back to the "powers that be" and for
soliciting input from the disabled community.
I think my number 1 concern is that some tactile indicators be placed in a
uniform place in relation to the bus stop sign so no matter if a person reads
braille, print or doesn't read, they can find the actual stop. Secondly, would
be braille and raised letter signage identifying the bus stop signs themselves.
Thirdly, but equally as important would be a word document explaining the
routes (not a map) about where they go, with what routes they connect and the
time tables. This is the way the "Ride Guide" used to be and it was wonderful.
I'm sure there is more that will come to mind and I will email with it. Again,
thank you.
Take care,
Sila