[tabi] White House Fellows program - encourage talented leaders with disabilities to apply

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fcb-l <fcb-l@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:19:23 -0500

From: rehabnet-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of Rita Martin

FYI, this information has been shared with us and we are sharing it with you.

President Obama and Mrs. Obama would like your help to encourage
talented leaders with disabilities to apply to the White House Fellows
program.

 Obviously, we are committed to inclusion of people with disabilities
but we need you all to spread the word and help identify qualified
candidates.

 Please very carefully review the type of candidate that should apply
to this type of program.

The White House Fellowship is one of the nation's most prestigious
programs for leadership and public service.  Each year, 11-19
exceptional young men and women are selected to spend a year in
Washington, D.C. to gain first-hand experience in the process of
governing the nation at the highest levels of the Federal government.

Candidates need to be promising young leaders who are excelling early
in their careers and are committed to leadership and public service.
Thus, this is not for students but rather for individuals already into
their careers.

Please share this message with qualified applicants and/or
organizations in your network that can help identify such candidates.

Learn more about the White House Fellowship http://www.whitehouse.gov/fellows

Download the application http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows/apply1

The information about the program is on the website.  Applicants
should follow the procedures using the on-line links above.  The
deadline is February 1.