[tabi] White Cane Safety - A Success in Tallahassee

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fcb-l@xxxxxxx>, <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 16:05:43 -0400

Today, the Tallahassee Council of the Blind gathered with the local chapters of
the National Federation of the Blind, Tallahassee Lions, Division of Blind
Services and the Lighthouse of the Big Bend to raise public awareness and
educate folks about our needs and concerns.

It was like a mini-festival with t-shirts, homemade dog biscuits and various
other items for sale as well as vision screenings available. The fall weather
was beautiful. Several groups of cane users and dog guide handlers walked
around Lake Ella, many wearing their snazzy White Cane t-shirts, (black with
"Obey White Cane Safety - It's the Law! on the front and Close Your Eyes... Now
Cross the Street on the back and depicting a white cane as well). Don't worry,
if you weren't there and didn't get one of these t-shirts, TCB still has them
available at $15.00. (Contact me off list if you are interested in purchasing
one.

I can not express how proud of everyone I am and how happy it makes me to see
our organizations working in partnership for the betterment of ALL blind
people! Way to go Tallahassee Blind Community folks!!! Lets do it again next
year, ok?

Respectfully and proudly!

Sila