[tabi] Re: What is the lighthouse of the big bend trying to hide

  • From: Daniel Ben Moshe avinu <danielbenmoshe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 23:19:57 -0400

I wonder if the moddle can be changed from a directer /assistant director to a CEO, cFO, Coo type of deal. I think that the roles are more clearly defined. just my thoughts.

I think I like that idea and will give it more thought. Norine

#1 This organization has progressed to the point where it would
benefit from the services of paid, short term (maximum four years
board members) with some pre-determined qualifications.

#2 As many others have stated, and I believe was bottom line to my
resignation issues, Barbara’s position needs to be replaced by two
separate individuals with separate and distinct responsibilities –
one for fund raising, and one for staff development.

#3 I realize with my resignation from the Board, I have chosen to
not keep up with issues at Lighthouse. In some ways I regret
this; in many ways, perhaps excuses, I understand and accept my
decision of removal, as I hope many of you will also; like so
many life decisions, perhaps it was not a best one, but it did
seem appropriate at the time and circumstances. I continue to
care deeply for Lighthouse and always will as I daily remember I
am here, where I am, because of the services Lighthouse, and
especially Jeanine, Evelyn, Jim Breen, and Chip, and so many
others made available to me.

#4 This is not an excuse; it is real. I will always thank
Barbara for all she did for Lighthouse of the Big Bend. She
definitely brought us from near extinction to way beyond survival
mode. She did everything and more her resume, and our reasons for
hearing her for her position expected.

#5 In my opinion, the biggest fault lies with the board. Although
it is made up of excellent, good, dedicated, and well intentioned/
committed people, it is time for a total change and probably
oversight and direction from an independent source.

Thank you for this opportunity to express my personal opinions. Norine

*From:*tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx