[tabi] Re: Watch Incredible new technology will change everything for the visually impaired @ Komando Video

  • From: mccaulo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:49:29 -0400 (EDT)

Robert: In fairness to the Lighthouse, I think the dates for the Techno Demo were included in the most recent newsletter which was posted to TABI recently. That being said, I agree with Chip that it would have made more sense for LBB to post the actual schedule of events to TABI rather than Facebook (or perhaps in addition to Facebook) since TABI is more likely to connect with the target audience. The problem with that staement, of course, is the assumption that the visually impaired are really the target audience here. A post on Facebook is more likely to reach a wider audience that is not visually impaired in order to toot the Lighthouse's own horn ('look at all the wonderful things we're doing for those poor blind folks') and hopefully/possibly raise more money. Its always about money.