[tabi] Re: WI-FI on busses

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:05:40 -0400

Thanks Lynn for trying to get to the truth of this for me.

I still haven't seen any wifi, so I called StarMetro just now.  It turns
out that only 10 of the largest buses have wifi, and the largest buses
are only assigned to the heaviest use routes; since I'm riding on the
Red Hills route, one of the least use routes, I'll never see a bus with
wifi.

It also turns out it does cost money, so they're considering dropping
it, and one employee thought they already had.

Chip