[tabi] Voting

  • From: "Denyece Roberts MSW" <peace05@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:26:46 -0400

Hello everyone, I did go to cast my vote today.  My, what an experience!  I
walked into the American Legion on Appalachee Park way to vote.  No one knew
how to work the machine, and some didn't even know there was one. I grabbed
the hand held device and started reading the braille markers, and everyone
started scrambling looking over the manuals, and trying to help. It took at
least 30 minutes to figure out how to work the machine.  I then had to take
about 10 minutes   getting acquainted with the new key board. I don't like
the new key board.  I really like using the telephone system in stead of
arrows.  As an advocator and a person who is visually impaired, I feel we
have come a long way with educating people on accessibility and their rights
but we still have to continue to keep publicly supporting, and recommend
policies for change.  In spite of everything I did successfully vote.