[tabi] Two Bills in Congress for Blind and Visually Impaired

  • From: "Tinnetta Cooper" <Lilheart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 04:18:12 -0400

          Thought I'd pass this along for those who use Facebook.

Subject: Two Bills in Congress for Blind/Visually Impaired

You probably already know about the bills in Congress HR 3101 (21st Century
Communications and Video Accessibility Act) and S 3304 (Equal Access to 21st
Century Communications Act) that would benefit blind and visually impaired
people if they pass. I lead a cause in support of these bills on Facebook -
called Caption Action 2. Caption Action 2 had focused only on deaf/hard of
hearing, but is now expanding to include blind/visually impaired because of
our similar needs. CA 2 is at http://www.causes.com/captionaction2
<http://www.causes.com/captionaction2> .

NFB leadership already knows about Caption Action 2, but I wanted to make
you aware too, because time is running out for the current Congress.