[tabi] Thursday Groups: 4/21: Dog Guides & 4/28: AT Seminar!

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:50:54 -0400

Hi everyone,
You are invited to join the lessons at the Lighthouse the next two Thursdays:

1) Lighthouse O&M with Dog Guides Class/group - 4/21, 5:30-7pm

 It's almost that time again! Our next meeting is scheduled for
Thurs., 4/21 from 5:30 to 7:00. We will be celebrating the sidewalks
on Apalachee Parkway by taking a walk on them! I thought a good place
to meet would be the sheltered bus stop (Route 25) in front the
Century Link building (1313 Blairstone Road, across from KMart). We
could then round the corner onto the sidewalk on Apalachee Parkway and
walk to where the sidewalk ends (Paul Russell Road). There are several
places to eat in the immediate vicinity (Black Bean Cafe, Jimmy
John's, Wendy's, etc. ) Let me know which you'd prefer - I'd
personally like to try the Black Bean. Please let me know your
preference by Monday 4/18 at 5:00. Thanks! Evelyn Worley, COMS, CVRT
(850) 942-3658 x203

2) AT Seminar: All Things APPLE!

Please spread the word about the Lighthouse’s next Technology Seminar,
specifically for individuals who are visually impaired or blind.
TOPIC: All Things Apple, Apple has come out with the iphone and ipad,
which are used by many visually impaired or blind to gather data and
organize aspects of daily life.  Come see local experts demonstrate
their apple equipment and learn more!!!
WHEN: Thursday, April 28, 3pm until 7:00pm
WHERE: Lighthouse of the Big Bend, 3071 Highland Oaks Terrace
Tallahassee, FL 32301
RSVP: Elizabeth Bowden, (850)942-3658 x214 or ebowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you can join us!
Lighthouse of the Big Bend