[tabi] Tax Assistance

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:21:31 -0500

Hi all,

Below is some info from the Advocacy Center for Persons with
Disabilities, who will help you, at no cost, get your taxes prepared and
filed:

        Earned Income Credit
        Child Tax Credit
        The New Making Work Pay Credit
        First-Time Homebuyer Credit
        As Much As $5,657 (or More) Could Be Waiting For You!
        File a Tax Return to Claim the Benefits You Earned!
        Money Talks!
        Have You   Heard?

         What to Bring
        Photo identification
        Social Security Cards for you,
        spouse and dependents
        Birth dates for you, spouse
        Current year's tax package
        (if you received one)
        Wage and earning statements   from all employers
        (Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R)
        Interest and dividend   statements (Forms 1099)
        A copy of 2008 Federal   tax return (if available)
        Bank Routing Numbers and   Account Numbers for
        Direct Deposit (Voided check   or bank statement)
        Total amount paid for day   care, provider's name and tax
identifying number (if applicable)
         If married filing joint tax return,   your spouse must be
present
        to sign the required forms

         Internal   Revenue   Service
        This won't affect your SSI, SSDI, Food Stamps or other Benefits!
        And you could get a CTC refund too!
        To find another VITA site near you, call 2-1-1 Community
Resources

         Free   Tax   Prep
        Our Free Tax Site   prepares basic   Free   Tax   Prep

         Our Free Tax Site   prepares basic   federal income tax
returns free of charge
        for individuals of low   to moderate income.
        We are an authorized   IRS e-file provider.
         Federal tax return preparation
         IRS e-file (electronic filing) for federal tax returns
         Refund splitting (allows you to save part of your refund into a
second account)

         Wednesdays between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. EST,
        beginning March 3, 2010 and ending April 14, 2010.
        Advocacy Center for Persons with Disabilities, Inc.
        2728 Centerview Drive, Suite 102, Tallahassee, FL 32301
        Appointments preferred but not necessary. Assistance is offered
on a first-come,
        first-served basis. For more information or directions, call
850-488-9071 ext 450