[tabi] Re: Taking the desktop out of the alt tab in windows7!

FYI, 

places like access technology institute, national braille press,
american printing house, etc. have tutorials on using windows 7 with
screen readers.  they probably have info such as this.

I have e-books on windows 7 for anyone who'd like them, but they aren't
written for screen reader users.  I also have them for vista, and xp.

anyone who wants can write me off list at:

acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx

to tell me what kind of e-book you're looking for.

Chip





------------------------------

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission

Chip.Orange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(850) 413-6314

 (Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect those of the Florida Public Service Commission.)
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Plummer
> Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:00 PM
> To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tabi] Re: Taking the desktop out of the alt tab in windows7!
> 
> Hi, I have sent FS something on it and I have talked to them 
> also. They
> recommend that I do what I did use the windows classic or 
> basic theme. They
> said that this is the only themes that would take the desktop 
> out of the alt
> tab.
> 
> 
> 
> sign,
> Joe Plummer (JP)
> joeplummer@xxxxxxx
>  
> -----Original Message-----
> From: tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
> Of Easy Talk
> Sent: September 08, 2010 11:17 AM
> To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tabi] Re: Taking the desktop out of the alt tab in windows7!
> 
> Interesting,  If I had those problems, I would be calling FS. 
>  or you could
> switch to Window-eyes!!!!smile
> 
> Robert
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joe Plummer" <joeplummer@xxxxxxx>
> To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 6:19 AM
> Subject: [tabi] Taking the desktop out of the alt tab in windows7!
> 
> 
> > Hi, just thought I would pass this along. I found out that 
> if you change
> > your windows theme in windows7 to the classic theme that 
> this will take 
> > the
> > desktop out of the alt tab. I also found it fix the focus 
> problem with 
> > JFW.
> > Especially the desktop focus. Where I use to do the alt 
> plus F4 key for
> > shutdown. JFW would lose focus and not pick up on the 
> shutdown till you
> > arrowed up once. Now it picks up on it every time.  I 
> suspect this will 
> > also
> > make JFW work better all the way around with windows7.
> >
> >
> > sign,
> > Joe Plummer (JP)
> > joeplummer@xxxxxxx
> >
> >
> > Check out the TABI resource web page at 
> > http://acorange.home.comcast.net/TABI
> > and please make suggestions for new material.
> >
> >
> >
> > if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the 
> freelists.org web 
> > interface, or by sending an email to the address 
> > tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "unsubscribe" in 
> the subject. 
> 
> Check out the TABI resource web page at
> http://acorange.home.comcast.net/TABI
> and please make suggestions for new material.
> 
> 
> 
> if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the 
> freelists.org web
> interface, or by sending an email to the address 
> tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject.
> 
> Check out the TABI resource web page at 
> http://acorange.home.comcast.net/TABI
> and please make suggestions for new material.
> 
> 
> 
> if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the 
> freelists.org web interface, or by sending an email to the 
> address tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word 
> "unsubscribe" in the subject.
> 
Check out the TABI resource web page at http://acorange.home.comcast.net/TABI
and please make suggestions for new material.



if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the freelists.org web 
interface, or by sending an email to the address tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject.

Other related posts: