[tabi] Re: TPD to Begin Pedestrian Safety Enforcement Operations

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 20:37:16 -0400

Thanks Linda.

Do any others think that the two blindness consumer groups in Tallahassee
should try to get together with the city to get them to design a safe way
these can be crossed? I have been told in other cities they add a
button-controlled stop light to allow pedestrians to cross a round-about; I
think this should be a high importance issue, high enough to get the two
groups to work together to try and force the city if necessary to do
something. It just seems inexcusable to me if the city completely
redesigned (or started from scratch as I think they did) on this newest
round about (on Kinhega drive) and didn't add a pedestrian safe crossing.
Especially since I believe this round about was created to help handle a
school's traffic (I think Chiles High School).

I can't make it to their meetings, but I do try to support both groups with
dues and gifts, and I hope this idea will get some consideration from them.