[tabi] Re: StarMetro bus-stop locations for GPS devices

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:04:31 -0400

Hi sila,

Sure; they sent me an Excel spreadsheet which I've drawn the data from, and
I can either send anyone the spreadsheet, or, I could look into the Excel
options for exporting it to a .txt file.

If you have something specific in mind which the format would need to meet,
that shouldn't be any problem.  Otherwise, they had  almost 75 columns, so
I'd pick less than 10 and export those to either a fixed column width text
file, or comma separated one, depending on what you needed.

Writing little programs to get the data exported to just the right format
isn't really a difficult task usually.

Let me know.

Chip

GPS