[tabi] StarMetro bus-stop locations for GPS devices

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:03:22 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks to Brian Waterman at StarMetro, I have a .gpx file and an Excel
spreadsheet both listing all the bus stop locations in Tallahassee.  I
believe the .gpx file should be able to be imported into any of the models
of assistive GPS devices, as gpx was designed to be a "universal" format for
GPS waypoint data.

If anyone is interested in a copy of either file of data, just drop me a
note at my email below and I'll be glad to send it to you.

If we have any interest, I'd like to start creating a database of
Tallahassee POI data of locations and items not usually found on the GPS
maps.  I would volunteer to collect the point data from everyone, and put it
into a Tallahassee GPX file (or other formats if you find out that your
device doesn't support GPX).

Let me know if you have any ideas along these lines.

Chip
acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx