[tabi] Re: StarMetro Update

  • From: "Sila Miller" <Silamiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:30:18 -0500

Hello Brian,
Thank you for your update. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Below are some questions and feedback. Hopefully they make sense and will be
kept in mind during future planning.

1. While I applaud StarMetro for adding amenities to their star stops, I
sincerely believe that money would have been better spent on
       * more frequent routes
       * expansion of bus service or
       * automated stop announcements.

2. Does the bus stop sign redesign/braille plates mean new poles? Will this
take place before or after the amenities are installed?

3. Do the electronic fare cards actually provide an additional option or are
they to replace tokens and cash? Has research been done to add voice over to
the card readers to allow for compliance with the 21st Century legislation?

I have been and remain willing to assist in testing. My experience tells me
those electronic fare cards and the faulty readers have a ways yet to go.

Again, thank you for your update.

Sila