[tabi] Star Metro exspands service

  • From: "Easy Talk" <Easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 07:45:38 -0500

What gives here,  If this service is available with two hour service
reservation why does dial a ride require disabled people to call in the day
before?  If Star metro can do this why do we have to put up with late pick ups
for regular dial a ride service.

StarMetro Expands Service
Updated: Fri 8:33 PM, Feb 28, 2014
By:
Emily Johnson
 -
Tallahassee, FL - StarMetro is offering rides for residents on the northwest
side
of Tallahassee. It's called the Lake Jackson Flex system and will offer "curb to
curb" transportation to any location within 11 square miles of the Lake Jackson
area.
Residents said this new system will be a big help for their area of town.
"Prior to this service we would have, I would have to bring him every morning so
he could go to work and I would have to pick him up every evening after work. So
it's really helped us out a lot and we very much appreciate it," said Katrina
Johnson,
Son uses the Lake Jackson Flex.
The hours of operation are from 6 - 9 A.M. and 4 - 7 P.M. It also connects with
two
of StarMetro's fixed routes at the Lake Jackson Town Center.
Lake Jackson Flex is available to the general public. If you would like to make
reservation for the Flex bus to pick you up the number to call is (850)891-5199
between
6:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Reservations must be made at least two hours in advanced
and
trips are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Flex bus is handicap and bike friendly as well. StarMetro said their regular
one-way fare fees apply.