[tabi] Ski for Light in Alaska 2014

  • From: "mycell armington" <mycell84@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:47:32 -0400

Hello All,

Thought you all might like to check this opportunity out and apply

Mycell Armington

        North to Alaska!

The Planning Committee hopes that you are getting ready to join us at the 39th
Annual Ski for Light International Week. We will be staying at the Hilton
Hotel in downtown Anchorage, Alaska from Sunday, February 23rd through Sunday
March 2nd. Our ski trails will be a short drive away at Kincaid Park, a world
class ski area with 60 km of professionally groomed cross-country ski trails.
The event this year will not be one to miss. Not only will we have access
to fabulous ski trails and a fun urban setting; we will also be in Anchorage
for the celebrations surrounding the Iditarod Ski Race. Here are some things
to look forward to:

·         Fur Rondy  (Fur Rendezvous Festival)
http://furrondy.net

·          Iditarod ceremonial start (
Iditarod - Last Great Race on Earth®)
 is on Saturday, March 1st just a walk away from our hotel.

·         Tour of Anchoratge
http://www.tourofanchorage.com/
, cross country ski race will be held on Sunday, March 2nd.

Visit Anchorage, the local tourism board, made these suggestions for finding
flights to Alaska: use the travel section of Bing's website - Kayak's website
works almost exactly the same way.  You plug in your cities and travel dates
and it will show you every flight available - from all the individual airlines,
as well as Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, etc.   Bing shows if
prices are trending up or down, which is helpful.   On Kayak you can set up a
price alert, and they notify you if great fares become available.

The Planning Committee is looking forward to playing in the snow with our Ski
for Light family next February! We will be sure to have fun activities of
our own on top of what the City of Anchorage will have to offer.

Additional information about the 2014 event and applications can be found on
line at
www.sfl.org.

Apply now!