[tabi] Save our Union rally tomorrow

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:45:01 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:  July 19, 2011
Contact:          Bill Proctor
(850) 606-5371
SAVE OUR UNION RALLY
A line-up of savvy political and social activists will address the "Save Our
Union
Rally" on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at the Leon County Courthouse (front lawn)
from
5:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.  The Rally, sponsored by The MLK Foundation of
Florida, Inc.
seeks to raise the political consciousness of our community concerning the
class
warfare attacks against the middle class.
Dick Gregory, social activist and long time Civil Rights advocate will be
the featured
guest speaker.
President Obama and Congressional leaders have failed to pass a national
budget.
The looming economic crisis results from political failure of budget
negotiators.
This failure threatens the most vulnerable people in our society including
recipients
of Medicare, Social Security, military personnel, youth, union workers and
the middle
class.
Budget negotiations conducted by threat and political posturing are an
unacceptable
governing standard for our nation.  Under the guise of budget negotiations,
there
is so much at stake.  We should not let our nation fall without our voices
being
heard.
Those concerned about the pending political Armageddon are invited to attend
this
rally to voice support for a speedy resolution of the nation's budget
crisis.
In the event of rain, the rally will be held in the Leon County Commission
Chambers
on the fifth floor of the Leon County Courthouse, 301 South Monroe Street.
WHO:              The MLK Foundation of Florida, Inc.
WHAT:            Save Our Union Rally
WHEN:           Thursday, July 21, 2011, 5:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
WHERE:        Leon County Courthouse Front Lawn or Commission Chambers (if
it rains)