[tabi] SSDI info

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:26:26 -0500

Hi all,

I've been seeing many comments that projections show SSDI will run out of
money in the next few years.  Below is a remark I picked up from an article
giving advice on your best social security strategy.  Since so many people
who are blind do take SSDI, I urge you to concentrate your efforts over the
next few years on calling your congressmen and demanding they begin planning
for some type of rescue for the SS disability fund; here is the remark
summarizing the current situation:

"And lets not forget the SS Disability program.  It's fund runs out of money
in about

2 years.  At that point payments will be automatically decreased by 21%."

doesn't really matter that people jumping onto Disability has skyrocketed."