[tabi] Re: Refuse New Coins

  • From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:20:06 -0400

Hello Dorothy

I am all over tis one because I have seen this before.
This is not entirely accurate.

In brief:

This was a printing error made by the Philadelphia mint. About 50,000 coins
were released. They are worth about $40 to $50 on eBay if you have one.

The phrase "in God we trust was moved from the face of the coin to the coin's
edge to make room for more artwork on the face of the coin.

It is just an error in quality control that is all.

to read more about this go to these links:
from MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17501178/
from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp
from break the chain:
http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/dollarcoin.html

When forwarding it is best to check your facts first by using your favorite
search engine.

I have deleted all the forwarding address es from this post. Some folks using
screen readers may not want to wade through them to get to the message. Also
for security reasons people may not like thier addresses broadcast far and
wide.

  Original message starts below:

                            Subject: FW: Refuse New Coins

                                REFUSE NEW COINS

                                This simple action will make a strong
statement.

                                Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these
when they are handed to you.

                                  I received one from the Post Office as change
and I asked for a dollar bill instead.

                                 The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' , so
she had read this e -mail.

                                 Please help out.our world is in enough trouble
without this too!!!!!

                                U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

                                You guessed it
                                'IN GOD WE TRUST'  IS GONE!!!
                                If ever there was a reason to boycott
something, THIS IS IT!!!!

                                DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE

                                Together we can force them out of circulation..

                                Please send to all on your mailing list!!!

                                A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!

                            Shop Inspiron, Studio and XPS Laptops at Dell.com

Release Date: 06/03/09 05:53:00
 *** eSafe scanned this email for malicious content ****** IMPORTANT: Do not
open attachments from unrecognized senders  ***=

        An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!

      =

    An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!

20:02:00

JPEG image