[tabi] Please Forgive The First Notice I Sent Didn't notice All Those Names Of People We Don't Know

  • From: "Charles Atkins" <catkins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:55:29 -0500

    From: President Barack Obama <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Your Health Care Dollars
To: dmclaytor@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, November 22, 2010, 3:48 PM

      From: President Barack Obama <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      To: dmclaytor@xxxxxxxxx
      Date: Monday, November 22, 2010, 3:48 PM

                  Good afternoon,
                  Over the past few years, many Americans have seen their
health insurance premiums skyrocket, while the quality of their health care
declined. One of the reasons I pushed so hard to pass health care reform this
year was to make sure that American consumers get what they pay for when it
comes to their health care.
                  Today, we're launching a new provision of the Affordable Care
Act that does exactly that. Next year, insurance companies will be required to
spend at least 80 percent of the health insurance premiums you pay on your
health care, instead of overhead costs like advertising and executive
compensation.  If they don't, they will be required to give you a rebate or cut
your premiums starting in 2012.
                  I asked Nancy-Ann DeParle, the Director of the Office of
Health Reform here at the White House, to break down what this means for you
and why it's so important:

                  This new rules will make our health care marketplace more
transparent and ensure you get the best value for your premium dollars. And it
is just one of the many parts of the Affordable Care Act that are already
making our health care system stronger. Here are just a few ways the Affordable
Care Act is helping you and your family:
                    a.. HealthCare.gov. This new website helps you find private
health insurance coverage that's right for you and your family and now allows
you to compare pricing for the options available to you.  In 2014, there will
be many more affordable private plan choices.
                    b.. Patient's Bill of Rights. Insurance companies can no
longer place lifetime limits on your care.  If you're a young adult under the
age of 26, you can stay on your parents' plan, and if your child has a
pre-existing condition, insurance companies can't deny his or her coverage.
                    c.. Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan. If you have a
pre-existing condition and are having a problem finding coverage, the
Affordable Care Act created a special insurance plan just for you.
                    d.. Help for Small Businesses. If you're a small business
owner, you may be eligible for tax credits to help provide insurance for your
employees.
                    e.. Free Preventive Care. If you're purchasing a new plan,
you'll get preventive care like cancer screenings, well-baby and well-child
check-ups, and blood pressure or diabetes tests for free.
                  These aren't just talking points. These changes are saving
people's lives and saving you money, and we will continue our work to implement
this landmark law and make our health care system better for all of us.
                  Sincerely,
                  President Barack Obama
                  P.S. Nancy-Ann's video follows a few others from the Chairman
of the Council of Economic Advisers, Austan Goolsbee, who explains some
important economic policies.  You can see them all here:
                  http://www.whitehouse.gov/whiteboard

Charles Atkins

JPEG image

JPEG image