[tabi] Re: Pedestrian killed on Mahan

  • From: "Laurie Davis" <davisllb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:22:35 -0500

I don't like a lot of government control, but this is a public safety issue. I agree with Chip that there needs to be tougher laws and more enforcement. I hate to single out a particular group, but there are lots of young people who are so absorbed in talking on cell phones or texting and otherwise goofing around that they don't even notice what is going on around them. I know this because we live in the Astoria Park neighborhood, which has a lot of students living in it. They speed a lot, so we have to be really careful.

Laurie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>