[tabi] Re: PEDESTRIAN SAFETY WORKSHOP:

  • From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:32:46 -0400

I did find out there will be four workshops.

the first on September 30 (below)
the second on November 17
and two more in the spring of 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lighthouse of the Big Bend" <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
Thur, Sept 30, 2010
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
at the
Florida Department of Transportation
Burns Building Auditorium

Join health and transportation professionals and other
community members to look at ways to improve pedestrian safety and
walkability for older adults and Tallahassee residents of all ages.
Workshop discussions and an Observational "Walk About" will highlight:
* Common situations in which older adults are injured
* Ways in which changes to the physical environment, education and
enforcement can improve safety for pedestrians
* Strategies to encourage more walking in a community
* How to make our community more pedestrian friendly
Workshop is the first in a series; space is limited and reservations
suggested.  No charge to participate.

For information or to make a reservation,
 contact: Beth Hollister @ 891-4041 or elizabeth.hollister@xxxxxxxxxx
.

--
Lighthouse of the Big Bend