• From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:39:38 -0400

I copied the below item from the Senior Center and Foundation Newsletter

A Focus on Older Adults
Thur, Sept 30, 2010
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
at the
Florida Department of Transportation
Burns Building Auditorium

Join health and transportation professionals and other
community members to look at ways to improve pedestrian safety and walkability
for older adults and Tallahassee residents of all ages.  Workshop discussions
and an Observational "Walk About" will highlight:
* Common situations in which older adults are injured
* Ways in which changes to the physical environment, education and enforcement
can improve safety for pedestrians
* Strategies to encourage more walking in a community
* How to make our community more pedestrian friendly
Workshop is the first in a series; space is limited and reservations
suggested.  No charge to participate.

For information or to make a reservation,
 contact: Beth Hollister @ 891-4041 or elizabeth.hollister@xxxxxxxxxx