[tabi] Re: Open your speaking tonight with...

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:35:32 -0400

Just an fyi, there are two pro-nova2010 articles in today's Democrat;
one of them is the editorial, so, if you are not in favor of it, you
should indeed do as Erica suggests and get out there and say something.

My own suggestion is that while a lot of the problems that we've been
discussing here do have to do with blindness, I would not emphasize that
as your only reason for objecting.  it's too easy for the commissioners
to dismiss your concerns by thinking that you can just take dial-a-ride
and so don't have to worry.  It's my own belief that the problems which
effect us as blind riders also effect anyone who is elderly, walks
slowly, or is otherwise mobility impaired.  and of course no one is
immune from the "selective blindness" that seems to strike drivers when
turning right on red.